Direct Download: 0.5.25.2
(The latest version can always be downloaded HERE)
Important Release Notes (0.5.25.x Major Branch)
This is a BIG release that implements compatibility with the new Mednafen 1.21.0-UNSTABLE release (whilst also maintaining backwards compatibility with older mednafen versions).
UPDATE CHECKING AND AUTO DOWNLOAD ISSUES
Recently GitHub enforced TLS1.3 when connecting to their website and API. Unfortunately versions of MedLaunch prior to this release are NOT compatible.
The upshot of this is that you will not be able to automatically update to this release from any older MedLaunch version.
Please follow the manual install instructions at the end of this document.
(Note: Once you have upgraded to at least MedLaunch 0.5.25.x this issue will be fixed for you going forward)
- Extract this release to a folder, run the 'MedLaunch.exe' executable and choose your Mednafen directory (must be the Mednafen 0.9.39 - 1.21.0-UNSTABLE - 64-bit version is required if you want to emulate Saturn games).
- You are then prompted to choose whether to import all config settings from your Mednafen folder into the MedLaunch database (this is recommended).
- If you currently use system-specific config files with Mednafen the settings from these will be imported with the above process. However MedLaunch will write to these files when you launch a game - so back them up somewhere if you are not happy with this.
- AUTOMATIC UPDATES FROM PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF MEDLAUNCH ARE BROKEN SINCE GITHUB ENFORCED TLS1.3. YOU WILL HAVE TO USE THE MANUAL METHOD BELOW
- (Note: Once you have upgraded to at least MedLaunch 0.5.25.x this issue will be fixed)
- You can safely extract this new release over an existing MedLaunch folder (providing you do not have MedLaunch running at the time)
- Once extracted run the MedLaunch.exe executable and your current database will be upgraded before the application starts proper.
- Once MedLaunch has upgraded, go to the 'Configs' tab and click the 'IMPORT ALL CONFIGS FROM DISK' button
- In settings change your mednafen directory if you installed the new version of mednafen somewhere else
There is also (still) an official MedLaunch mednafen server running in the UK. More details can be found here:
http://node.asnitech.co.uk/ and the server is automatically listed in the server browser within MedLaunch.
Please consider donating to the MedLaunch project using one of the methods below. This will continue to ensure we can keep our servers running and spend more time developing a frontend for the best emulator out there!